Blog Post 6

 Diigo is a tool that, before this class, I had never heard of or used at all. The purpose of Diigo is to create personalized online libraries which are especially important for teachers. It creates a way for professionals to bookmark, tag, and index certain websites they come across. Using Diigo so far has been fairly straight forward and I can see some of the powerful utilities that Diigo offers to certain groups. I have been able to easily bookmark, annotate, and tag certain websites I have come across in my research in this class. The formatting of the website does make it appear to be very dated but the usability has not suffered.

Blogging is another mode of communication with others that I was not very familiar with before I started this class. So far I have learned how to use blogging websites such as blogger as well as how to personalize your blog to make it more inviting. After using blogger I realized that this isn't my preferred method of research and communication but it has proved to be useful in thoughtfully analyzing and responding to prompts. It's been very easy to just hop on blogger and type out my responses or my experiences without having to physically submit a text entry.

VoiceThread is a nifty tool I came across while researching Web 2.0 tools and would be very useful when teaching. It essentially facilitates conversation based on responses to images, audio clips, or video sent out by an instructor. As a teacher I would likely have weekly message boards that discussed a multimedia clip that relates to what we are studying in class. If we were discussing the Great Depression, I might include a short film that discusses the lifestyles of families during the Great Depression. This would allow students to discuss with each other and me their concerns, thoughts, and feelings on the subject in an interactive platform.


https://voicethread.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post 8

Blog Post 2

Blog Post 5