Blog Post 2

"mountain" by barnyz is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 2.0

 Microsoft word is one of the most common word processors that provides its users with an easy to use way to create blogs, posters, brochures, and much more. I have been using word ever since elementary school when I was first assigned a digital writing assignment. I have been able to draft hundreds of essays with it as well as create flyers, a few brochures, and lettering for poster boards. Word is by far the best word processor that I have used and prefer it over pages and Google Docs.


The ISTE standards equip teachers for the effective implementation digital strategies that will enhance learning and teaching as well as altering the digital world. One of the standards that stands out to me most is the Facilitator role which empowers kids to take charge of their education. As a teacher you also are responsible for challenging the students and creating learning opportunities using technology. This standard emphasizes heavy support for students which is extremely important to me. During these crucial stages of life, its important that a child feels equipped and supported.


I believe the term digital native is appropriate because our generation was born into a digital world instead of adopting it later in life. A digital native is just someone who was born with the modern digital technologies and have become familiar with them while growing up. Learning how to use digital technologies during child development helps the children utilize them in a variety of different ways. I believe that with future generations being born newer technologies, they will be able to utilize technology in ways that my generation cannot. I think that if I was to teach, I would try and create engaging assignments through apps and different platforms such as kahoot.com. This is one example on how technology can further engage students.

 


Comments

  1. Hi Devin,

    I think the standard you picked out of the ISTE standards is an excellent one that teachers should focus more on. As a teacher you challenge them, but you are also there to build them up. Getting a student to take their education into their own hands is awesome, especially with the internet. There is a wealth of information for students to learn from, and it might just take some motivation from a teacher for them to do go find that information.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post 8

Blog Post 5